Sussex Student Card
Students using the train can get up to 1/3 off their season tickets (subject to a minimum monthly fare of £30.80). To get the discount, students will need a Sussex Student Card. It’s free apart from you’ll need to send a recent passport-style photo when you apply.
The Sussex Student Card confirms that you:
- are a student of sixth form age in year 12 and above
- live in East Sussex, West Sussex or Brighton & Hove
- attend a maintained school with a sixth form, sixth form college, or college of further education
Make sure you read the guidance notes on the form before posting your application.
Getting your rail season ticket
Once you have your Sussex Student Card and unique PIN, you can apply for a rail season ticket via Southern Railway’s season ticket website. You must:
- use your PIN to access the discount; this will need to be used every time you buy or renew your season ticket to ensure you pay the reduced price
- include the Sussex Student Card's number (which is printed on your card e.g. E99999)
- carry your card when using a rail season ticket purchased under the discount scheme.
If you already hold a valid Sussex Student Card you will receive a letter with your PIN shortly. We cannot provide a replacement PIN so if it is lost or forgotten, you will need to re-apply for a new Sussex Student Card.
The discount is not available on tickets bought at railway stations.
If your card is lost or stolen
You will need to apply for a replacement Sussex Student Card if your card is lost or stolen, and provide a recent passport-style photo.
Contact us about the scheme
Please email any queries about this page to email@example.com.