• Housing advice if you are 18 or over

    • I’m 18 or over and I’ve got nowhere to live - where can I go for help?

      If you are 18 or over and are at risk of homelessness you should contact the housing team of your local district or borough council. They can give you advice and help you to find somewhere to live. Contact them Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm.

      To find your nearest office, go to East Sussex County Council – housing

      You can apply to the Home Works service for housing support. Just text them on:

      • 07540 721244 if you are from Hastings or Rother, or
      • 07773 377754 if you are from Eastbourne, Lewes or Wealden.

      For more information visit the Southdown Housing website


      Emergency help

      If you find yourself with nowhere to live at the weekend or at night, the best thing to do is stay with a friend or family until you can get help.