• Education and training


      Search for college and training courses

      UCAS Progress search button 4

      If you are in year 11 at an East Sussex school you can use UCAS Progress to search and apply for courses at colleges, sixth forms and training providers in East Sussex, Brighton and Hove, Kent and West Sussex.

      You should receive login details by the start of year 11. If you have not received them please ask your school (do not self-register).

      This search function is provided by UCAS Progress but don't get confused it does search for FE courses and does not relate to university courses.

      Watch the guidance videos

      How to get started with your search:

      And how to apply:


      Self-registering if you have already left school

      If you are not in year 11 and have already left school, you can still use UCAS Progress to search and apply for courses. Just follow this link for instructions for self-registered learners, and remember to select 'I don't attend a school' and 'Year 11' (even if you are not in year 11) 


      Further Education colleges and sixth forms

      You can find out more about courses and what's on offer by visiting the homepages of further education colleges and sixth forms in East Sussex and nearby counties. All of these providers include a SEN and disability offer on their websites. 

      East Sussex

      Brighton & Hove

      West Sussex



      Open days and taster events

      Are you in Year 11 and considering your options for next year? Find out more about Further and Higher Education colleges in East Sussex and Brighton by coming along to a taster or open day, or other information event: contact any of the sites through the links above, bookmark our Open Days, Careers Events and Jobs Fairs page, and keep an eye on our facebook page to find out when these events are happening.

      If you have a learning difficulty or disability

      If you’ve got a Statement of Educational Need, or an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), Special Educational Needs Personal Advisers (SEN PAs) will discuss with you all of the options you have. This may include:

      • Going to sixth form or a further education college - Further education colleges offer a wide range of vocational and academic courses to meet the needs of students at all levels.
      • Special schools/provision for young people post 16 - A number of special schools in East Sussex have Post-16 departments where you can continue to learn until Year 14 (when you reach 19 years of age).
      • Approved learning providers for young people post 16 and post 19 - For some young people, independent placements and /or residential college provision will be agreed with an Independent Specialist Provider if your education and care needs can’t be met locally.

      You can view the SEN and disability offers for individual colleges and sixth forms by visiting their websites.